Philanthropic Black Women of Memphis (PBWM) is a group of nine progressive and civic minded women, committed to giving back to the community. PBWM was founded in January 2005. Philanthropic Black Women of Memphis is a private organization with funding currently being provided by the membership.
Nelda Burroughs, Debra Evans, Monice Moore Hagler, Carolyn Chism Hardy, Edith Kelly-Green, Deidre Malone, Mary McDaniel, and Belinda Watkins.
Guidelines & Eligibility
The Philanthropic Black Women of Memphis has one annual grant cycle per year. The process begins with an Application of Interest. To be eligible to receive a grant from the Foundation, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt designation from the Internal Revenue Service
- Be located within Shelby County
- Provide written result of the grant awarded if you are a previous PBWM grant recipient
IMPORTANT ITEMS TO CONSIDER:
• Maximum request must not exceed $5,000
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Programs that promote economic self-sufficiency particularly in but not limited to the following areas:
- Career Development
THE ORGANIZATION DOES NOT FUND:
- For-profit organizations
- Churches or programs that promote religious activities
- Projects which take place before the completion of the grant-making process
- Projects inconsistent with federal, state and local non-discrimination ordinances regarding equal employment opportunity
- Campaigns to elect public officials
Our current grant application process started September 1, 2017.
The Application Deadline is October 31, 2017.
Grants Will Be Awarded December 2017.
All applications should be mailed or emailed to:
Philanthropic Black Women of Memphis Fund
1509 Madison Ave., Memphis, TN 38104
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org